Thursday, December 03, 2009

Update

Alright since I have received comments that I should update my blog, I shall gladly do so:) As a matter of fact, I don't even think that people actually read my blog. My sincere apologies for blurting out this comment, since I seldom do extraordinary or significant activities. I am worried these mundane events might bore my reader to death. So let's get back to the story, then.

One of the most enjoyable activities one can do in the army is to clear leave, and I shall state some of the things I have done:

1) Signed up for an E-PREP course, namely 'Business Finance' conducted by Nanyang Technological University. Well since I am going to study finance or finance related topics at the undergraduate level I guess it's a pretty safe bet to attend an introductory course to get a hang of what Finance's all about.

2) Registered myself as a student member of Securities Investor Association of Singapore (SIAS) as soon as I have collected my SMU student card (I matriculated just a couple of weeks ago). The logic behind this move driven by the need to attain more sophisticated financial statement analysis methods, my current superficial knowledge of accounting is very much limited; and to tear the annual reports of various companies apart I will need to acquire more information and practice more.

3) Last but not least, create a trading account at Central Depository Pte Ltd and most probably with PhilipCapital as my online brokerage. When I look back at that time when I just enlisted in the army, I was just a regular young kid with no serious goals or ambition. The thoughts of pursuing my interests and cultivating my passion didn't really cross my mind yet until after NJC. Perhaps all the studying there kind of buried my desire to achieve what I want.

"So what do you want to do in the future?"

"I don't know, maybe business?"

Now I know.

No comments: