Sunday, December 30, 2007

Harmoc Day

Harmoc Day

I used to think that leaving harmoc would spell the end of an exciting phase of my life, but today, my fellow Harmophiles (Harmoc-seeking) had proven me otherwise..

Octave finally had a sectional outing today, and it was fantastic in my opinion=) The octavians met at 11am in AMK bus interchange but I was unable to join them due to an emergency which only Wuzhen and I would know hehe.. We decided to meet up before looking for the rest of the octavians when Wuzhen suggested playing a nice little trick on them.. She told them she would be bringing a friend along and requested them to reserve 2 seats for her when in truth I was supposed to be the mysterious "friend".. I played along with her and informed Jamie that I wasn't going, citing the following as my reason: My friend just told me he was rejected by his loved one and harbouring suicidal thoughts, I cant help worrying about him and will visit him instead of going outing.. So sorry.. LOL!! Jamie actually fell for the trick and Wuzhen believed it initially=P Hard to describe their shocked faces when they saw me and Wuzhen entering the restaurant lol.. Took several pictures there, will post it as soon as I receive those photos from Wuzhen=) Went to fly kite afterwards in a park at Ang Mo Kio where I rediscovered my childhood.. The Guo-s (Guorong and Guo Hui) invented an unique way of playing the see-saw and provided a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the entire octave muahaha.. Visited Jia Neng's house later.. Her dog (with the name Brown) is sooo cute! It likes to turn round and round, trying to catch its tail and apparently it also obeyed my command when I said "shake hands!" The performers went for a quick shower before we left for Jamie's house.. What I found amusing was that her house contained a whole collection of Pokemon and Digimon figures which I managed to identify them one by one effortlessly=) Yeah I could finally display my vast knowledge of pokemon and digimon, similar to what Zhi Rui did during the Harmoc xmas party.. Its wasn't long before we set off to Dhoby Ghaut for the performance=D

The juniors were busy preparing for the performance at Plaza Singapura and I also helped out by carrying the heavier musical instuments from Mr Song's car boot.. Other seniors arrived shortly and I was glad to see many of the seniors (both J2s and J3s) turn up.. J2s: Angeline, Yi Fang, Shu Lin, Xinying, Guorong, Pei Wen, Wuzhen, Yu Ting and J3s: Shu Fen, Deborah, Elieen, Eugenia, Jiat Sing, Hwee Hwee, Jane, Ting Hui... Matthew was not considered exactly there, he was living in my handphone and listening to the concert at that moment haha.. I believe we can form a strong and supportive Alumni after witnessing the passion they still have for Harmoc=) The performance started at 7.30pm sharp and Harmoc played a variety of songs, both new and familiar, but nonetheless pleasing to the ear=) They performed the following songs: Tong Hua, La Spagnola, Spirited Away, Happy Farmer, Frosty the Snowman.. I shouted "Encore" out loud and soon the audience followed, being influenced by our enthusiasm the kind emcee requested Mr Tang to conduct for another song again=) Simply felt thrilled when I heard loud applause for NJ Harmoc after the performance.. The seniors made their way to the "backstage" or rather the performers' area to congratulate on their successful performance and express our gratitude for the wonderful night=D Photo-taking sessions took over with much chattering and laughter, which was the undeniable trademark of NJ Harmoc---A family of warmth and love.. Gladys, as the current President of NJ Harmoc, tried to initiate the famous NJ Ya cheer after much persuasion from the seniors (including me, too old for such stuff la as you can see) and the result was simply hilarious haha=P Most of the Harmoc were stunned before reacting to join in the cheer and end Gladys's embarrassment lol.. Hmm maybe the EXCO can include "cheerleading" as one of the main criteria for selecting Presidents in the future hehe=) I departed with much unwillingless after saying goodbye to octave and Mr Song.. The day was long and exhausting but I still enjoyed it every bit=) I am looking forward to the next event or outing with Harmoc already! ^_^

Quote of the Day:

The world will be MUCH better if people learn to hate a little LESS and love a little MORE.
-----gh, aka guy in blues

No comments: