Monday, December 08, 2008

What's my Answer?

What's my Answer?

Frankly speaking, the subject which I am tackling now is out of my circle of competence. My concern is not how big this circle is, but rather how well I have defined its perimeter. When the people I have spoken to are obsessed with the expected profits and ways to go about spending them in terms of overseas trips and luxurious goods I know we have different goals. We should do what we love to do and every single cent earned should be saved, not spent. I am not going to participate in this venture just for the sake of doing something, as holding on to cash is the default strategy. Furthermore, when the prospective partners are reluctant to share with me the inner workings of the business model including the downside risk especially, I believe they will be less forthcoming in other areas as well. Generally, I do not work with people whom I find it difficult to trust in. Thus there is no need for any cost-benefit analysis. Well, back to my search for opportunities.

No comments: