Saturday, May 31, 2008

Defining Limits

Defining Limits

I never considered myself a fast runner, my 2.4 km run timing has always stayed above the 11 minute mark. My previous 2.4 km timing during the first IPPT was 11:01, which I thought I have reached my limit already. However, I managed to break my 11 minute barrier by achieving a timing of 9:38 (gold timing being 9:44 and below) and this gave me a great sense of satisfaction:)

There is a lesson to be learnt from this incident, I realised.

I learnt that while there is a limit to the physical strength of an individual, the power of the mind is infinite. There were times I really felt like giving up during the run but my mind simply refused to yield. Maybe my willpower has been honed by the harshness of the environment in NS.

Passing IPPT allows me to qualify for command school and the fact that my entire section passed IPPT brought me even more joy:)

No comments: