Saturday, June 21, 2008

End of Block Leave

End of Block Leave

Sometimes I just can't help but realise things can actually happen so quickly as my block leave is drawing to a close in a blink of an eye. Managed to catch a couple of soccer matches for Euro 2008 and I consider myself a fervent support of Portugal. It is a side with remarkable quality and mesmerising style of play. They did pretty well in the group stages to book a date with Germany in the quarter-finals but to my disappointment, they crashed out of the tournament in a match with a score of 2-3 to Germany yesterday. They were down by one goal in the dying minutes and yet they fought on till the very end and I admire them for that. The Germans earned a well deserved victory through their tactical play and should be able to go far in this tournament if they continue to play at this level...

Went for several outings such as cycling with octave at pasir ris, where I taught some of my grand juniors (juniors' juniors) how to cycle and it amazed me that I actually sweat more than my juniors who were learning to ride a bicycleXD Really glad to see that they are still so bonded and this is what makes octave and harmoc so special from the rest. And the usual singing sessions with NS and NJ buddies where I realised a worrying trend in my choice of songs=X Anyway this had been a short but exciting block leave, think NS actually teaches me how to cherish those who are around me, a kind of feeling which I already understand but is further reinforced by army life. Take care guys!(=

No comments: