Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Returned my warm and cosy home yesterday from my first formal camp with Chua Chu Kang Pri:) Managed to learn more about organisation, planning and communicating with kids.. I liked the trainers from this camp better as most of them showed initiative in carrying out duties even when they dun have to.. Thanks to Darylyn (sorry if I spelt your name wrongly:P) and Jason for helping me to prepare dinner for the other trainers who were busy with setting up the campfire:D The kids this time round were slightly more playful and hence required more patience on my part, nearly lost my temper on the first day but luckily managed to hold back my emotions in the nick of time.. Later that night the trainer of my buddy group Aziz told me that a good trainer can appear to be fierce and yet not be angry.. His advice served as an enlightenment and I gradually exercised more self-control when managing my group.. I also realised that I may, sometimes be too good for my own good, when this happens I get bullied by others easily (especially the kids).. Thus I became more strict with my kids and reprimanded them when they did the wrong things despite my clear instructions.. But I was glad that they managed to understand the reasons as to why I reprimanded or punished them, after which they look upon me a as good friend again:) Decided to take a break after this camp before going for another one next week..

Anyway, Happy Birthday to me! Since today's my birthday.. Hmm second year being an adult.. My first year being an adult was not a very pleasant experience with many disappointments and betrayals.. Luckily I have the support of my close friends and dear buddies, they were there when I needed them the most:) Maybe I should learn to judge people and circumstances more carefully and not be such a gullible person whom I used to be.. Maybe I shouldn't sacrifice so much for others who decided to sacrifice me in the end.. Maybe some people will never realise how much I have done for them over the years.. Nevertheless, I only want those people who are around me to be healthy and live happily, thats all I ask for:) There's no need for any interesting birthday surprise, expensive birthday present or delicious birthday cake, the best gift that I have ever received is our friendship:D

Lastly, I do not reply to comments made by anonymous people. Thank you.

No comments: