Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year Resolutions

New Year Resolution

A new year is here! Time to set new goals:) Will be spending quite some time thinking about it, meanwhile here's something to entertain the faithful readers of my blog...


彩虹 (Rainbow)
Composer: Jay Chou (周杰伦)
Lyricist: Jay Chou (周杰伦)
Translator: Tan Guo Hui (陈国辉)

哪里有彩虹告诉我 能不能把我的愿望还给我
Where can a rainbow tell me if it can return my wish to me?

为什麽天这麽安静 所有的云都跑到我这里
Why is the sky so quiet? All the clouds have gathered at my side

有没有口罩一个给我 释怀说了太多就成真不了
Can I have a mouth mask? Things will not come true when too much is said

也许时间是一种解药 也是我现在正服下的毒药
Perhaps time is a kind of antidote or poison which I am taking now

看不见你的笑 我怎麽睡得着
How do I fall asleep when I can't see your smile?

你的声音这麽近我却抱不到
I am unable to hug you when your voice is yet so near

没有地球太阳还是会绕
The Sun will continue to spin even without the Earth

没有理由我也能自己走
I can leave by myself for no reason

你要离开 我知道很简单
I know it is very simple for you to leave

你说依赖 是我们的阻碍
You said reliance was our obstacle

就算放开 但能不能别没收我的爱
Can you not confiscate my love even if you have to let go?

当作我最後才明白
Take it as I am the last to understand


Jay Chou can write touching lyrics too, which you will be able to experience certain emotional changes if you listen to this song carefully.. I have seen many versions of the song translation and dun quite agree with all of them, thus I have decided to write a translation by myself to show my perspective of this song:D Translating 彩虹 helps me to gain a deeper understanding of the meaning behind this song and appreciate this song better.. Overall, I find this a nice song and hope to share it with my friends haha:) Just dun get emo and cry okay? Lol..

No comments: